The Intercommunal Whitewater Course of Sainte-Suzanne is the only artificial river in the Indian Ocean.
Located on the Bocage Lake, between land and sea, the river is adapted in terms of flow to meet the numerous sport activities such as kayaking, canoeing, and rafting: 2 pumps of 4 m³/s and two others of 2 m³/s.
The site also hosts a reception building for administrative services, sports equipment, storage and repair of the equipment.
Installed in Bocage on the site of a developing tourism area, this sporting and leisure equipment is in a prime location in the Indian Ocean.
Characeristics of Sainte-Suzanne Whitewater Stadium (France – Reunion island)
|Maximum flow||12 m³/s|
|Length||250 meters + 50 meters “of introduction”|
|Average Slope||1,2 %|
- Construction costs: 4€ millions (only works).
- Contracting entity: CINOR (Communauté Intercommunal du Nord de la Réunion)
- HSM’s services: Project management of the river (design, construction follow-up)
- Commissioning date: 26 July 2013
- Web site: http://www.sevi.re