The Whitewater Course of Vienna is an example of optimization:
- Its small site coverage (river and operation building)
- Its use of an intermediate reservoir to feed the pumping station (energy saving)
- A restricted arrival basin area which requires special facilities (mini pumping station, directional grids…)
- Its location close to the heart of Vienna, the capital of Austria.
This Whitewater Course of international dimension serves as a reference.
Characteristics of Vienna (Austria) Whitewater Stadium
|Maximum flow||12 m³/s|
|Length of river||250 meters|
|Average Slope||1,5 %|
- Total cost of the whitewater course: 5.1 M€ (all inclusive, with the building)
- Contractor: VIENNA CITY WILDWASSER GmbH
- Services provided by HYDROSTADIUM: Conception et conseil pendant la phase construction
- Date of commissioning: 30 august 2013
- Web site: http://www.vienna-wildwasser.at/